Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year, a New Studio

I have never been fan of drywall.  It seems so artificial, and it’s definitely not a sturdy material. Not sturdy enough for a studio.  So I am thinking plywood.  I don’t honestly know where the idea came from, but here’s what I found: it is awesome.

From The Kitchen Vote

Photos from Dezeen

Photos from Design Crisis. One of my new favorite blogs.

 

I love this one.  It reminds me of my old neighbor Alice’s kitchen.  Photo from Bijou Kaleidoscope.

These last three were the ones that really started it all.  Originally from Country Home and re-posted in many places, I love the light aqua color against the soft light wood.  It’s that perfect combination of vintage, modern, and industrial that I can’t resist.  Contractors are onboard.  They break ground on Wednesday.  I can barely contain my excitement. 

xo

c

No comments: