Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My day so far…

 

This morning while I was waiting for the upholstery store to open I walked up to the hardware store to look for some hooks to hang planters on the outside of the studio.  As I was leaving this guy told me that he used to carry a baby raccoon around inside his shirt, much the same way I have my baby boy wrapped to me.  Apparently he found a raccoon and kept it like a cat – but it would open beer cans while he was gone and destroy his kitchen.  I’ve never met someone who had a pet raccoon before. 

The rest of my day has been wardrobe changes for both kids (two for each) and making sure everyone is fed, and gets adequate daytime sleep so I can check my email.  And here’s what I found:

“Good morning! I just wanted to tell you that I love everything in your store! You made a guitar strap and a pick case for me about a year ago and I love it so much! I get complements on it all the time! Your work is beautiful! I just wanted to tell you that!”

AND

“About 3 years ago I put a product of yours on my wishlist and received it as a gift. It's a leather pouch/clutch with a floral flap and winged koi fish on the back. I love koi fish. I would say once every 5 times I pull it out to pay for something the cashier/waiter/whomever immediately compliments me on it.
I don't like big heavy fussy wallets and this clutch is simple and has served me well over the years. So I just wanted to say thank you and keep making amazing products!
The next times I get compliments I'll be sure to drop your name and hopefully send some business your way. :)”

 

Yeah, it’s a good day.

 

xo

c

No comments: