Tuesday, October 18, 2011

And the winner is....

BANJO!!!  Congrats to the pattern's creator, Cari Reynolds.  She has one $500 worth of Moxie and Oliver merchandise, which I personally think should all be in the Banjo pattern.

Also worth an honorable mention were the two runners-up.  New Nouveau got quite a few votes, and I love the possibilities that this pattern has.  Odds are pretty good it will be made into something as well.  Peacock and Blackberries were also very popular, and had I been able to vote, I would have had trouble choosing.  I have ideas/plans for these patterns as well.  So, sufficed to say, out of this lovely array of pattern choices, though only one gets the grand prize, there were many good ideas that deserve to be brought to fruition!

On a very personal side note, this pattern contest was an emotional roller coaster for me. I am highly aware of the ability for anything involving online voting to become a popularity contest.  To try to mitigate this, I pestered my friends and family while voting was up so that I could get as many unbiased votes in there as possible.  I wanted to make sure that the best pattern really did prevail, and when all is said and done, I'm confident that the winning pattern truly was the favorite among unbiased voters.  Vote counting took me a little longer than originally anticipated because I looked for the source of each vote, and took that into consideration when making the final determination of who the winner was.  The reason that I'm sharing this is that I want you all to know that I value you, your ideas, and the fairness/justness of the process.  I did work in law, after all, and have never been able to shake the extreme importance I put on truth, justice, and equality.

That's all for now.  Winner, finalists, and entrants should receive an email from me shortly.  If you do not, please send me one with your pattern name/number! All of you deserve a special thanks for participating in this creative contest.

xo
C

No comments: