Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lucky Me

Someone told me recently that my work reminded her of Lucky Brand (which was her “favorite”).  Here’s a side-by-side so you can judge for yourself.

belt1belt3

Lucky’s Perforated Cutout Belt and my Alabama Lace Belt

belt2

Lucky’s Suzani Floral Embroidered Belt and my Belle Belt

bag

Lucky’s Sunset Convertible Tote and my Duomo Tote

One thing you can’t see from the pictures is the quality of leather and of course the goodness of handmade!  Full grain tooling leather is the strongest leather available since it is minimally processed in comparison to the “garment” leathers.  A full grain bag will last you a lifetime (literally – those 60s and 70s bags that you see kicking around are full grain leather – that was 40-50 years ago that they were made!).

Happy shopping,

c

No comments: