Sunday, February 13, 2011

What is Valentines Day....

without chocolates? I mean, really, this was not the best month for my husband to decide it is time to diet.

But there you have it - diet month! Yes, February is National Heart Health Month, and it is a good thing to be mindful of even when you don't have a history of heart disease in your family, but really. Who put the chocolate holiday smack in the middle of Heart Health Month? Or who decided that this was a good month to deprive people of chocolate?

In all seriousness, this is the longest I have ever gone without eating chocolate. Fourteen days today, and fourteen more to go. I am already planning what I am going to eat on my first day off the diet...

I found out that Jet City Pizza has gluten free pizza (yay! I haven't eaten there since college!) and there is some new burger joint (now I can't help but think of Fabio from Top Chef - booger!) that has gluten free buns. Maybe lunch and dinner for the first day off the diet? Or breakfast and lunch? Aah, and for dessert...

a big giant cupcake from Trophy Cupcakes. Yes, I realize they're not gluten free. And no, I don't care at all. I have been dreaming about chocolate cupcakes - that is how much I miss chocolate! And I figure, it's better than making a gluten free batch at home, and eating all of them, right?

Time to go to bed, and dream....
C

No comments: