Monday, March 23, 2009

Downsizing

I can't believe it's been almost two months since my last post! The time is just flying by, and I haven't been able to turn my ideas into products as quickly as I would like (but I seem perpetually plagued by that).

One project that I have been working on, slowly but surely, is converting my purse into a smaller, more manageable, version. For the last few years I've carried the Rosa messenger, but the problem with carrying a big bag, for me anyway, is that I tend to just cram extra junk in it. I'm always surprised - the inside of my purse tends to look like the backseat of my car! I was having the same problem with my wallet - months worth of receipts would occupy the space where my cash was supposed to be, until I couldn't properly close the wallet anymore. So, I figured, the less space I have, the less space there is for junk, and switched my larger wallet for this:





I call it the "June" pattern, and it perfectly holds all my necessary things without leaving too much extra space for junk. Here is what the inside looks like:



The best part is that it fits easily into any and all of my pockets! And, it, of course, doesn't take up much space in my purse. Now, if I could only find the time to make myself a new purse...


No comments: